• Are you unemployed and no matter how hard you try, you can’t pin down a job? The experts say you’ve got to look for work 40 hours a week because finding work is your new job. Having run out of meaningful activities, you shoot for high numbers, sending out resumes in the double digits every day, attending several networking activities each week, researching companies in agonizing depth and more. You’re sick of toiling away without results and you want to spend at least part of your time on work that will bring more personal satisfaction.
• Do you need to find a way to make money but you yearn for something that draws on your talents and skills? You still have some funds and you aren’t quite desperate, but looking ahead, you know you’ll need more. Fast-food and clerking are respectable work, but you want to employ the abilities you’ve practiced for years in corporate employment.
• Has an acquaintance or former employer sent a little work your way and it‘s whetted your appetite for more? You’ve told friends in your network but they have nothing to offer and it feels so awkward to contact them yet again. What’s more, working your network is too slow—one or two assignments spaced out over a period of months is simply not enough.
• Do you want work but it’s so hard to ask? You hate to be pushy. It’s just not who you are. You secretly wish you lived in a different time, maybe the 1800s when you walked over to the Widow Walker’s house and asked if she needed help in her store, or even the 1960s or ‘70s when you easily got your first job by answering ads in the Sunday classifieds. It was all so simple, you sigh.
• Are you retired but you’re not strolling the beaches like in the financial planning ads? Circumstances dictated the timing of your retirement, but you still want (or need) to earn money. Friends have had assignments fall in their laps, but you haven’t been as fortunate. You dream of better luck but you sense you’ll have to take action. All your life you’ve taken the bull by the horns, but this time you don’t know how to proceed.
Will this work for you?
- Do you have a spark of resilience that propels you
forward? (The answer must be “yes” or you wouldn’t be
- Do you have workplace skills and access to computers or
other necessary resources?
- Do you enjoy your work . . . or at least did you before
your job got so political?
- Do you want to break out of the job-hunting
straight-jacket and start doing real work? Are you
flexible, whether by choice or necessity?
- Do you want (or need) to earn money soon?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, you are ready to start making great money. Use the form at the right to request my free special report to learn more. It reveals 3 Secrets to Land High-Paying Freelance & Consulting Clients Fast.
You’ll also receive my ezine. (Cancellations fully honored. Email addresses managed with complete integrity.)
Or read more about how this works.
© 2008-2010 Diana Schneidman